Alana Davis and Friends!
If you missed seeing Alana perform at JazzHaven here is a mini-recap. Alana shined playing solo and accompanied pieces with Janice Ballard on keyboard, Paul Cater Deaton on drums, Drew Bowers and Kiyalyn Bump singing, Isis Collier on violin and John Cahill on classical keyboard. Alana is an upcoming young talented musician. She has a fresh and soothing style; you can easily be whisked away by her amazing skill on violin. Alana planned everything from music selection to calling each musician and putting this band together. Yacht Haven was impressed with the turnout of people and of course by this 14 year old’s amazing talent at Suzuki Violin. Kudos Alana for inspiring many young and old musicians out there! Alana continues to offer her wonderful talent for many charitable events. This past Saturday she played for Arts Alive to help them raise funds.
VIMSIA friends, students, staff, and parents came out to support Alana!
· Columbus Day is Monday, Oct 8th: SCHOOL CLOSED, TEACHER WORK DAY.
· LVN Raffle Tickets (4 books for each family - as a start) are coming home today in your children's bags. Please be sure to retrieve and sell them! You are responsible for these tickets as cash to the school. Don't forget our incentive! The parent who sells the most (over 35 books of tickets) gets a discount of $1,500 off of 2013/2014 VIMSIA Tuition.
If you need more tickets; PLEASE submit sold tickets and collected money prior to requesting new ones. Cheryl Thompson our Development Coordinator will gladly accommodate you.
Carefully, review the LVN informational letter that was sent home with your child.
Our goal is to increase raffle ticket sales by $20K! With all of us working together - WE CAN DO THIS! Thanks in advance for your hard efforts to make this our best Las Vegas Night EVER!
· First school PTA meeting next Thursday, October 4th from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Child care will be available, please sign-up with Ms. Paul. Cost per child is $5.00. PTA will provide snacks for parents and children who are in child care. Come meet all teachers, administrators, PTA board, school board and other parents. Get updates on Montessori, IA and master plan. Free raffle for prize (value $50. +)!
· Parent Education Night on October 10th for all lower and upper elementary parents @ 5:30 p.m. Our topic is on Cosmic Education.
· I.A. Parent Night –End Sessions,
LAS VEGAS NIGHT UPDATES
We are in need of parent volunteers to assist with soliciting gifts or ads for LVN. Please contact Tara Godfrey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the date! LVN will be held on Saturday, December 8th at Frenchman’s Reef Marriott! Tickets are $65 in advance and $75 at the door.
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT PETER GRUBER INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY?
· Math Attack will be on Thursdays from 3:45-5:00pm in the Math Lab. This is an event open to all PGIA students wanting additional help with math. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Elger.
· Walk for Wishes is taking place on Saturday, September 29th at 7:00 a.m., if you are interested in walking/running or volunteering at the event, please email Elizabeth Elger (email@example.com).
A GLANCE IN THE CLASSROOM
Primary Lesson based on ‘Lining up peacefully.’ - Ms. Boyle’s Classroom
Talvin is working with a piece of material from the peace shelf to demonstrate the grace and courtesy lesson on lining up peacefully. Note the concentration.
MONTESSORI VIDEOS by Trevor Eissler
Check out the NEW Montessori video designed by Trevor Eissler titled “How do you hug a child like this?” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALCM2LL2y7c&feature=youtu.be
View last year’s video titled “Montessori Madness” http://youtu.be/GcgN0lEh5IA
KIDS TALK MONTESSORI NEWSLETTER
KIDS TALK is an on-line Montessori-based newsletter that comes out weekly and is geared towards parents. It is written by Maren Schmidt, who is a Montessori educator. Ms. Schmidt offers informative advice for parents of children of all ages. It is free to subscribe to, and e-mails are sent to you directly. If you would like to check out a sample and/or sign up, please click on the link below.
SAVE YOUR BOX TOPS
Collection jar is located in the Front Office.