1. My best moment at PGIA? Thus far, with memories still to come in my journey through PGIA, my best moment has been during last year’s End Session to China with Mr. and Mrs. Stocking. Having the opportunity to travel internationally with peers- a group that was predominantly comprised of members of my class- was a culmination of all that is PGIA for me: a growth mindset, engaging with issues of importance trans-culturally, learning/applying classroom information outside of a class context and being with the family that I have developed throughout my 5 years here.
2. Being a student at the PGIA means…growth-intellectually, emotionally, socially, physically, and spiritually.
3. During my time as a Volt, I’ve shown a growth mindset on a daily basis, but particularly during the second semester of the Diploma Program Higher Level Spanish course when I received the lowest grade in the class on two separate occasions on a particular style of exam that recurs continually throughout the program. Rather than accepting my failure as inevitable, I studied harder, took more practice exams after class and have since received the highest scores in the class.
4. Dinner for four; you and who else? Martin Luther King Jr, Michelle Obama, and Lupita N’yongo.
5. On my favorite playlist is:
● Rise Up - Andra Day
● Video Indie Arie
● Doo Wop- Lauryn Hill
● This Is How We Do It - Montell Jordan
● Get Your Back up Off the Wall - Kool & the Gang
● Who You Are - Jessie J
● One Love- Bob Marley
● Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
6. Ten years from now, though I don't know in what specific setting, I will be working internationally, loving life, applying the lessons from my undergraduate degree, pushing myself to do better and surrounded by people that make me happy and have my best interest at heart.
7. If I could change one thing about myself, it would be improving on my organizational skills.
8. Words to live by
“Just be the best you, you can be; Always use humor as your therapy; Don’t ever take life too seriously; Just do you because you do you so perfectly”. - Jessie J